Q about economy of lower league team

This is the place to discuss about CM & FM, tactics, players and everything you want!
EarlGrey
Trialist
Trialist
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

My first game is with a team (Lunds BK) in Swedish Div 2 SG. How can these low league teams balance their budgets? My team incurred a 100,000 euro debt the first season, even though the wages remained about the same and player purchases (12k euro) were balanced by player sales (10k euro).
Where is the prize money? Perheps there is none? I don't get it, if the income is as pitiful as it seems then it's just not possible to pay the players, they have to play for free, i.e. it can't be professional. Has the game missed some source of income?
ThrassosSevvas
Training Engineer
Training Engineer

I don't know the specific answer, but I can tell you this:
The simulated finances in the game are mostly league-specific and not club-specific. This means that the swedish economics were modeled (after the Researchers' input) according to National rules. This means that the code itself cannot guarantee that each and every team is going to have their real-life financial condition, but hopefully most of the teams are going to be really close.
The Researcher's work is really crucial for this job to be done well.

So it might as well be that you need to sell talent in order to survive or it may even be that it's impossible not to go bankrupt (this also depends on the version of the game that you 're playing).

For more information I 'd suggest that you contact the Sweden Researcher for this.
EarlGrey
Trialist
Trialist

I've just uninstalled the game. It's astonishing how slow this game is even on a good PC. I think the game is trying to cover too much and be more realistic than it can handle. In the end my intensive three week experience with CM4 has been frustrating and without rewards.
It's time to move on. "Korsun Pocket" is next I think.

Thanks again ThrassosSevvas! Your efforts are surely much appreciated by countless CM-gamers out there.

Enjoy! :)
nickcabo
Trialist
Trialist

[quote="EarlGrey"]I've just uninstalled the game. It's astonishing how slow this game is even on a good PC. I think the game is trying to cover too much and be more realistic than it can handle. In the end my intensive three week experience with CM4 has been frustrating and without rewards.
It's time to move on. "Korsun Pocket" is next I think.

Thanks again ThrassosSevvas! Your efforts are surely much appreciated by countless CM-gamers out there.

Enjoy! :)[/quote]

Yes, it's too slow.
The only way to play is one nation (2 leagues) with 512 Mb RAM.
I tried to play a 6 leagues game with a 1200 processor with 512 Mb RAM DDR. I had to wait several minutes for 1 game day. ::evil: I quit that game
Now I'm playing Italian Serie A and Serie B, and it's almost bearable.
I don't know why it takes so long to process days without matches 8O
Hic sunt leones
iceburn
Football Legend
Football Legend

I play with 128mb ram and with three leagues loaded(english,italian ,spanish) and
it's fast enough keep my interest...

check your database settings and try to play with medium...

sorry for my bad english :hammer
nickcabo
Trialist
Trialist

I don't think it's only a problem with database in my game (which is large).
Now with only 2 divisions the game is fast enough to play.
But I cannot understand why the game allows me to play with up to 22 divisions (at the start of a new game)...
Maybe the game tests only my RAM (512 Mb) and not my processor (Duron 1200 GHz) :-k
Hic sunt leones

Return to “CM/FM Discussion”