CM4 training Q: weight training vs cross country

This is the place to discuss about CM & FM, tactics, players and everything you want!
EarlGrey
Trialist
Trialist
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hi!

I came here - even though I don't understand greek - thanks to ThrassosSevvas' brilliant articles on CM training. Excellent work, ThrassosSevvas!

My question is quite simple:
In CM4, is there a reason for using Weight Training (5 TG_Fit) instead of Cross Country (7 TG_Fit)?
ThrassosSevvas
Training Engineer
Training Engineer

Thank you!
OK, the answer is relevant to all TGs.
More TG_Fitness points means more training. More training means better improvement, but also more injuries. So let me take the obvious cases:

1. Using Cross Country instead of Weight Training, may make a positive difference for the players' physical attributes, without increasing injuries significantly.
2. .....may increase injuries significantly without making any difference to the players' improvement,
3. ....may not have any significant effect on either improvement or injuries.
4. ....may increase both improvement and injuries.

Now, the situation you are going to have to face depends on your team, your players, the details of your training schedule, and luck. Obviously, case 1 is good, case 2 is bad, case 3 is boring, and case 4 is the whole point of CM training (you 'll have to decide on where to draw the line- BTW, the dotted line in the diagram does not mean anything).

So your question is indeed simple, but the answer is quite complicated. That's the beauty of it, I guess. Let me know if you need any more explanation on this. ::wink:
EarlGrey
Trialist
Trialist

You wrote "more training... means more injuries". Could you elaborate on that?

For example is 5-a-side (L), since it generates so many training points (5+2+5+5+2+5+2+2+2), a more "injure prone" exercise than Cross Country (a single 7)?

Note that this is about CM 4 and not CM 03/04. I don't know if or how the games differ, but I believe your reference to a "dotted line" might be from CM 03/04, right?

Thanks for the quick reply! :)
ThrassosSevvas
Training Engineer
Training Engineer

Yeah, the dotted line is in CM0304. The differences in training between the two version are very few, by the way.

[quote]
For example is 5-a-side (L), since it generates so many training points (5+2+5+5+2+5+2+2+2), a more "injure prone" exercise than Cross Country (a single 7)?
[/quote]

Generally speaking, yes. But if your TG_Fitness sum is too large, it is very dangerous anyway (other TGs may be more forgiving).

So it all comes down to your daily and weekly sums for each TG seperately, but also the daily and weekly total too.
I wish (...or maybe I don't) that it was simple enough to say "hey, don't exceed X points daily or Y points weekly or Z points for each TG", but it's not. The training facilities, your players themselves (injury proneness, condition etc) and other factors are taken into account when the engine calculates how many injuries there will be.
It's all trial and error, but one can safely build heavier schedules then the default one.

Return to “CM/FM Discussion”