CM4: Can't offer contract to Reserves or U18 players

This is the place to discuss about CM & FM, tactics, players and everything you want!
EarlGrey
Trialist
Trialist
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I'm playing with Lunds BK, a team in the Swedish Div 2 SG.
Why can't I offer a contract, or anything else, to any of the players in my Reserve or U18 team?
ThrassosSevvas
Training Engineer
Training Engineer

Well, I can only offer you my experience in the greek league. IN the greek league one can only offer professional contracts to players who are 17yo or older, which means that you 'll have to wait till they reach that age to offer them a professional contract.
Something similar is probably happening in the swedish league as well.
EarlGrey
Trialist
Trialist

At game start there are two 16yo players in the first team and many more who are a year or more older. I can offer them contracts, although in the case of the 16yo's it's only youth contracts.

The players in the reserve team are all 20 or 21 yo. Those in the U18 are 17 or 18.
The names of all players in the Reserves and U18 teams are all "greyed out", as opposed to those in the first team which are "white". This means there is no "Action" button in the lower right corner when viewing a Reserve or U18 team player.
Is there a setting I need to change or is it just the way things are and if so how can the Reserve team players get promoted to the first team? :-k
ThrassosSevvas
Training Engineer
Training Engineer

Οh, OK, now I see!

Here we go:

Your youth players are supposed to come from your academy. THis happens once every year, on the date that the new season starts (or rather, the preseason starts).
On that date, youth players climb the ladder and join your youth team, IF your facilities are good enough (otherwise no young players are produced). In order to fill in the youth roster, the engine creates the infamous "greyed-out players". Those players are only there to fill in the blanks, and they will go away as soon as you have enough REAL youth players.
You cannot offer contracts to greyed out players. You cannot have much interaction with them either. They come and then they go, simple as that.

Return to “CM/FM Discussion”